Chapman University is actively monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic, with particular focus on the health and well-being of the university community. The safety of our students, faculty, staff and neighbors is of utmost concern. We are working in conjunction with state and county health authorities, and our plan reflects government directives, expert guidance and established best practices for reducing risk of infection. This website is updated frequently and we encourage you to check back regularly for new information.
Returning in the Fall
Chapman University proposes a phased Fall 2020 re-opening of our Orange and Irvine (Rinker Health Science Campus) campuses by utilizing five major prevention and mitigation strategies:
- Physical Distancing
- Symptoms Monitoring
- Public Health Interventions
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
Through 18 dedicated task forces focused on different aspects of our return to campus in the fall, Chapman has made this effort truly a campus-wide initiative.
- Facilities Management outlines several initiatives for fall (7/8/2020)
- CU Outlines Protocols for the Return to Campus (7/7/2020)
- Research Given Approval for Phased Restart (7/1/2020)
- Housing Update for Returning Students (6/25/2020)
- Information Technology Task Force (6/25/2020)
- Facilities: CU Safely Back Facilities Order Form (6/25/2020)
- Athletics: 6/22 Town Hall Recap (6/24/2020)
- Rinker Campus: Building Entry and Exit Log Procedure (6/24/2020)