An invitation for students – a Winterfest experience
As we near the holiday break, we can’t let Chapman students leave campus without a taste of the annual Winterfest. Join us for a contactless, physically-distanced, snow-filled experience December 8th through December 10th and receive a winter gift to celebrate the end of 2020. If you live on or near the Chapman campuses, stop by and get your holiday mug filled with goodies. [Please note: mugs only available for pick-up during these days and times]
- December 8th from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. – Rinker campus, 9501 Front Entrance
- December 9th from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. – Chapman Grand, front entrance
- December 10th from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. – Attallah Piazza at the Orange Campus (parking available in the lower level of the Lastinger parking ramp near the stairs leading to Attallah Piazza – staging in cars may occur to assist with physical distancing)
Make sure you stop by the photo spot for selfies with our traditional Winterfest snowfall!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ATTENDANCE WITHIN COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS
Orange County remains in the PURPLE tier on California Gov. Newsom’s 4-tier county risk level. This is the highest risk level identified in California and comes with restrictions to slow the spread of COVID-19 across the state. In order to access campus for this event, you must follow CU Safely Back protocol, including wearing face coverings, and the process for accessing campus facilities:
You must follow these steps to pick-up your Winterfest gift:
- Fill out the RSVP form. This is required. Walk-ups will not be allowed for those who did not fill out this form.
- Complete the two requirements for campus access NO LATER THAN DEC. 7th (Dec. 6th for Rinker students):
- CompleteCOVID-19 training modules. You can access the COVID-19 Safety Training at chapman.edu. The training should appear in your Dashboard, or you can go to canvas.chapman.edu and navigate to Courses > All Courses and look for COVID-19 Safety Training.
- Complete a rapid COVID-19 test. Visit 145 Sycamore Avenue, behind the Student Health Center. Tuesday, Dec. 1 – Monday, Dec. 7, 9 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. This building’s access contains two steps with no ramp. To make alternative arrangements, please call 714-628-6596.
- NOTE: If you have already completed these steps you do not need to take additional action to attend the Winterfest experience.
- Upon completion of #2, temporary access to campus will be granted. On the days of the Winterfest experience, you will receive an email to your Chapman email address with a Daily Health Screening Survey. On the day of your visit, you must complete the survey and receive a CLEAR email message to attend.
If you are unable to show the Daily Health Screening CLEAR message and your Chapman Student ID, you will not be permitted to access the Winterfest experience nor receive the winter gift.