Campus Visitors and Event Guidelines
Chapman University continues to evolve COVID-19 guidelines based on local, state and CDC guidelines, and the current state of COVID-19 on the campuses. With that, we have reached the point of resuming campus events and allowing visitors to access the campuses, with some restrictions.
The current state guidelines allow minimal restrictions on events smaller than 5,000. Because we do not host events of that size on either campus, Chapman-only events can resume following the current CU Safely Back guidelines.
- Chapman-only events are defined as those that are hosted by a Chapman representative and invites both Chapman guests and non-Chapman visitors.
- Face coverings are required for non-vaccinated guests, but physical distancing is no longer needed.
- Non-Chapman events hosted in a Chapman facility, such as an outside conference or meeting, will be extremely limited. Conference Services will manage all requests at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Both Orange and Rinker campuses have resumed normal operations, allowing for visitors to access campus. All visitors are expected to follow the CU Safely Back guidelines, and campus signage does indicate that face coverings are required indoors for non-vaccinated individuals.
- Chapman will continue to restrict large groups of non-Chapman visitors such as K-12 student groups while we work to keep the campus population low. If you have questions regarding a group coming to campus, please contact the Office of Risk Management.
As we begin planning for fall, we ask that people be conservative in planning for events, focusing on mission critical events, to keep the population of campus lower. We continue to monitor the local and regional status of COVID-19 and continue to remain diligent in slowing the spread within our communities.