Chapman Care Kit Pick-Up Process for Faculty and Staff
The university will be coordinating a three-day event to welcome faculty and staff back to campus, with senior staff, college deans and other volunteers distributing Chapman Care Kits to registered participants. Faculty and staff will be able to pick up their kits in person via a drive-thru distribution station on campus.
In order to allow for physical distancing and to comply with the county mandate regarding large gatherings, this three-day event will be exclusively drive-thru for faculty and staff members who have registered in advance and who will remain in their vehicles. For more information about the event, please refer to the Drive-Thru Chapman Care Kit Pick-Up Event FAQs.
Dates, Times and Location
- Dates: Wednesday, October 7, 2020 – Friday, October 9, 2020
- Time: 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Location: Check-in will take place in the Knott Studios Lot east parking area. Care Kit Distribution will take place at Schmid Gate by the Charles Chapman Statue.
Sign-Up Process and Accessing Campus
We are asking all faculty and staff to complete the sign-up form whether they choose to participate in the event or not. This form will help ensure that our team is aware of how many people will be attending. Those opting to participate in the event will be given specific days and time slots to come to campus to obtain their Care Kits.
In order to access campus on your chosen day, you must complete the following:
- Online Training: You can access the COVID-19 Safety Training at canvas.chapman.edu.
- COVID-19 PCR at-home test through Pixel by LabCorp: To request your Pixel by LabCorp at-home test kit, go to: wellconnectplus.com. You must use your Chapman email address when registering. NOTE: Due to the one-week lead time, we recommend requesting the test as soon as possible.
- Daily Symptom Monitoring Survey: You will not receive the daily symptom screen email until you’ve completed the online training and COVID-19 test. The daily screen is emailed to you and needs to be completed on days you will be on campus – you will receive this email on the morning of your visit. You must receive a “CLEAR” email message from the daily symptom survey before coming to campus. You will need to show the “CLEAR” message during pick-up so have available on your phone or bring a printout.
Routes to Check-In Location and Distribution Station
Participants must enter the Knott Studios Parking lot on the south entrance side off of Cypress Street to begin the check-in process for this event. View the routes to both the check-in location and distribution station.
Due to other campus operations during the event, traffic congestion will be an issue at Lemon and Palm as well as Palm and Glassell:
- Graduate in-person instruction begins on Monday, October 5, 2020 so there will be students and faculty on campus. Please be mindful of pedestrian traffic.
- A city construction project on Sycamore will likely block traffic between Olive and Lemon Street.
- Lemon Street is the main thoroughfare as Glassell is closed for dining. The intersections at Lemon/Palm and Glassell/Palm could impact traffic flow.
Would You Be Interested in Volunteering?
For any faculty or staff members who would like to support the event, we are looking for volunteers to help distribute these gifts. If you would like to help, please obtain permission from your supervisor and let us know your availability. Learn more and register today.