If You Think You’ve Been Exposed to COVID-19
If you are a member of the Chapman community and are living in Chapman housing or in housing near Orange or Irvine and are experiencing symptoms or have received a confirmed diagnosis, please contact Chapman University’s COVID-19 Internal Contact Tracing Team.
If you believe you have been exposed to COVID-19, it is important to immediately minimize contact with others, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Contact your health care provider if you believe you have been exposed.
Additionally, please stay home and separate from other people if:
- You have recently returned home from travel OR
- You have developed fever with cough or shortness of breath within 14 days of your travel OR
- You have had contact with someone who is suspected to have COVID-19
If you develop symptoms of fever with cough or shortness of breath, immediately call your health care provider. Do not go directly to a medical office, urgent care or hospital. Call the facility to get instructions before going in.
Local Testing Sites
These sites are open for testing in our local area.
The following are best practices for self-isolation per CDC guidelines:
- Stay at home except to receive medical care.
- Call ahead before visiting your doctor.
- Separate yourself from other people in your home.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes.
- Clean your hands often.
- Avoid sharing personal household items.
- Clean all high-touch surfaces daily.
- Monitor any symptoms.