COVID-19 Protocols for Move-In and Orientation from the Dean of Students
With move-in and orientation days away, I want to outline what incoming students and their families and guests can expect when coming to campus. We are committed to reducing the risk of COVID-19 within the Chapman community, and with so many visitors coming to campus next week, we want to clearly outline the necessary protocols.
Prior to Arrival
- Students must register their vaccine or their declaration of declination.
- Review the expectation for on-campus COVID-19 protocols on the CU Safely Back website.
- Beginning August 23, students will begin to receive the Daily Symptom survey to their Chapman email account to determine if they can access campus. It is not necessary to begin responding to the survey prior to arrival.
Upon Arrival at Chapman University
- For those who traveled from outside Southern California, it is recommended that you receive a COVID-19 test, which Chapman provides free of charge. On-campus testing is available.
- For students who are unvaccinated at the time of arrival, a COVID-19 test is required before entering Chapman housing or other campus facilities. On-campus testing is available. If a declaration of declination is submitted, students must complete twice-weekly COVID-19 testing to maintain access to campus.
- Students must complete the Daily Symptom survey sent to their Chapman email account or accessible at http://chapman.edu/amiclear. Only students who have a vaccination registered or who complies with the COVID-19 testing requirement will be able toa access the survey.
- For guests assisting with move-in or attending Orientation activities, it is required to fill out the Visitor Daily Survey each day you are on campus and receive a CLEAR message. Have the CLEAR message ready to show to Chapman staff upon request.
- Due to the high number of people on campus during move-in days, it is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED that face coverings be worn outdoors, and they are REQUIRED while indoors.
Attending Orientation Activities and Opening Convocation
- Chapman staff will be checking CLEAR message from both students and visitors. Students will receive their message through the emailed Daily Symptom survey and guests through the Visitor Daily Survey
- Face coverings are STRONGLY RECOMMENDED during all outdoor activities, REQUIRED for any outdoor event larger than 1,000 guests, and REQUIRED while indoors at all times regardless of vaccination status. Face coverings can be removed outdoors while actively eating or drinking.
We greatly appreciate everyone’s cooperation as we work to slow the spread of COVID-19 at Chapman University.