Health Guidelines for Chapman Commencement Weekends
Chapman University will be holding Commencement ceremonies for the classes of 2020 and 2021 over two weekends:
- July 30 – August 1, 2021
- August 6 – August 8, 2021
The increased number of ceremonies, spread over two weekends, allows for smaller-sized Commencement gatherings, well below capacity for the event venue. In addition, the university is following all current local, state and federal guidelines, and has made the following preparations in order to further safeguard the health and wellbeing of everyone in attendance.
- Allotted two hours between ceremonies to allow for orderly egress.
- Positioned 10 hand-washing stations in strategic locations near the event venue.
- Increased hand sanitizing stations in key areas around the venue.
- Added physical-distanced seating section near the entrance.
- Implemented cleaning protocols for high touch surfaces (mics, lectern, etc.)
- Provided complimentary masks at each entrance for guest use.
- Positioned signage for hand-washing and physical distancing.
If guidance from health authorities should change, additional enhancements have been prepared and this post will be updated accordingly.