Mandatory Testing for Essential Staff, Faculty and Residential Students Following Thanksgiving Break
During the week following the Thanksgiving break, COVID-19 testing will be required for all individuals seeking access to campus. Testing is required even if you have had a recent COVID-19 test. Testing is required even if you had campus access as recently as Wednesday, Nov. 25.
Testing will be available on a first-come, first-served basis outside of both the Rinker and the Orange campuses according to the following schedule:
- 145 Sycamore Avenue, behind the Student Health Center
- This building’s access contains two steps with no ramp. To make alternative arrangements, please call 714-628-6596.
- Monday, Nov. 30 – Friday, Dec. 4
- 9 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (closed from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.)
- Took place in the parking lot between the two buildings on Nov. 30 – Dec. 1
- To make alternative arrangements, please call 714-628-6596.
(Please note: the Student Health Center will not be using Microsoft Booking appointments during this week of mandatory testing.)
Also, please note: due to state and county requirements concerning COVID-19 prevention, campus access is extremely limited at this time. With the move to remote operations and instruction, a small number of Chapman community members have been classified as “essential.” These include:
- A limited number of staff whose work requires campus access.
- Faculty who wish to teach from campus classrooms.
- Faculty who require short term access to their campus offices.
- Faculty and students approved to conduct research activities in campus facilities.
- Students living in Chapman housing.
- Faculty and students in those classes that were approved to meet in person before the beginning of the fall semester, and who have met for in-person classes since the beginning of the fall semester/trimester.
Questions about testing can be directed to the Student Health Center, email@example.com