Research Task Force
Chapman has developed a framework and specific guidance for the restarting of research and creative activities. This aligns with State of California Resilience Roadmap Stages and complies with local health authorities. The framework for restarting research and creative activities is based on the following resources:
- CDC Guidance for Colleges and Universities
- California Department for Public Health Guidance for Colleges and Universities
- California State Resilience Roadmap
- California State Industry Guides and Checklists (Life Sciences and Offices workspaces)
- California Essential Workforce Sectors
- OC Health Agency guidance
- A broad and extensive consultative process of the Restarting Research Task Force and other complimentary Task Forces at Chapman
- Other private and public institutions (specific acknowledgments to UCI) and outside organizations (Education Advisory Board)
As part of the CU Safely Back Plan, Chapman is proposing mitigation strategies of Physical Distancing, Symptoms Monitoring, Public Health Interventions, Face Coverings, Sanitation, and Return to Earlier Phase which are all important aspects of this plan for restarting research and creative activities.
Complete information and guidance can be found at the Research Continuity website to inform faculty members, independent researchers and Unit leadership.