Return-to-Campus Process for One-Time Visits
Non-essential access to campus is strongly discouraged. In the rare case a campus visit is necessary, please follow the process outlined below.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please allow 7-10 days for the approval process to be complete.
1. Follow your departmental process for gaining approval. When preparing this request for your department approver, please include your:
- First and last name
- Chapman ID
- Chapman email
- Classification (faculty, staff, student employee)
- Detailed reason for request to access campus
- Date of planned visit
- Building(s) and spaces you need to enter
2. The department approver will submit a request to Human Resources by completing the online request form (the form allows for a request for a single individual, as well as for a spreadsheet to be uploaded for requests for multiple individuals). Final approval will come from Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer Brian K. Powell for staff and student employees, and Vice Provost for Academic Administration Dr. Lawrence (LB) Brown for faculty.
3. Once you are informed of approval by HR for a one-time return, there are two mandatory processes to complete before you can access campus facilities:
- Complete COVID-19 training modules. All members of the Chapman community have been provided access to the Canvas learning management system. You can access the CU Safely Back training at canvas.chapman.edu. CU Safely Back training will appear in your Dashboard, which is the first page that opens upon login. If you have already completed your training, you do not have to repeat this step.
- Chapman is requiring a COVID-19 test. The Student Health Center will accept the following tests:
- On-campus rapid test (recommended). Both Orange and Rinker campuses have testing centers available.
- Outside test administered by your doctor. Test results can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval.
- At-home test through Pixel by Labcorp, which can be requested on wellconnectplus.com
- NOTE: While outside tests and at-home tests will be accepted, completing the rapid test at the on-campus testing center is highly recommended.
Once formal approval is granted, please follow the on-campus processes below:
1. Daily Health Screening Procedure:
Anyone planning to come to campus must also complete a simple daily COVID-19 health screening on the day they come to campus. This health assessment can be done via a short questionnaire on a smartphone or other device. You will be prompted by email to complete the short questionnaire each day. Follow these steps:
- Look for the health screening in your Chapman email and follow the instructions. If you do not see it in your email, please check your Junk and Spam folders.
- Do not come to campus until you receive a CLEAR status.
- Contact your health provider if you receive a DENIAL status, and please continue to avoid campus.
- Once subscribed to the daily notice, you are only required to fill it out on days you are coming to campus.
2. Access to Facilities:
- When you arrive on campus, contact Public Safety at (714) 997-6763 to request access to the approved facility. You will not be granted card access for one-time visits.
- Please do not let others into a building; allow Public Safety to do so.
3. On-Campus Protocol:
When on campus, you will need to adhere to the requirements that are covered in the training as well as outlined in the Campus Guidelines. Use face coverings, maintain physical distancing, practice good hand sanitation and hygiene and do not share equipment.
Thank you for following these protocols. Let’s stay healthy together so that we can be productive and effective through this challenging time and emerge stronger than ever.