Return-to-Campus Process for One-Time Visits
While non-essential access to campus is strongly discouraged, we understand the need to retrieve items from offices or to conduct occasional on-campus business while working remotely. In the rare case a campus visit is necessary, please follow the process outlined below.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please allow 7-10 days for the approval process to be complete.
1. Follow your departmental process for gaining approval. When preparing this request for your department approver, please include your:
- Full name
- Chapman ID # and email
- Employment status (administrator, staff or faculty)
- Reason for request
- Date and time of planned visit
- Building(s) and spaces you wish to enter
2. The department approver will submit a request to Human Resources by completing the online request form (the form allows for single requests and a spreadsheet to be uploaded for multiple requests). Final approval will come from Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer Harold Hewitt for staff, and Executive Vice President and Provost Glenn Pfeiffer for faculty.
3. Once you are informed of approval by HR for a one-time return, there are two mandatory processes to complete before you can access campus facilities:
- Complete COVID-19 training modules. All members of the Chapman community have been provided access to the Canvas learning management system. You can access the CU Safely Back training at canvas.chapman.edu. CU Safely Back training will appear in your Dashboard, which is the first page that opens upon login.
- Chapman is requiring a COVID-19 PCR at-home test through the Pixel by LabCorp. This involves a self-collection nasal swab. Please perform this at-home test two weeks PRIOR to your expected arrival on campus. To request your Pixel by LabCorp at-home test kit, go to: wellconnectplus.com. The results will be sent confidentially and directly to Chapman administration to complete the processing approval. NOTE: You must complete the Pixel by LabCorp test. Test results from other entities will not be accepted, so please do not submit test results to anyone at Chapman.
HR, or Provost Office for faculty, will be informed of the successful completion of the two mandatory steps and will then provide the necessary access. Questions regarding this process can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com for faculty.
Once formal HR approval is granted, please follow the on-campus processes below:
1. Daily Health Screening Procedure:
Anyone planning to come to campus must also complete a simple daily COVID-19 health screening on the day they come to campus. This health assessment can be done via a short questionnaire on a phone or other smart device. You will be prompted by email to complete the short questionnaire each day. Follow these steps:
- Look for the health screening in your Chapman email and follow the instructions.
- Do not come to campus until you receive a CLEAR status.
- Contact your health provider if you receive a DENIAL status, and please continue to avoid campus.
- Once subscribed to the daily notice, you are only required to fill it out on days you are coming to campus.
2. Access to Facilities:
- When you arrive on campus, contact Public Safety at (714) 997-6763 to request access to the approved facility. You will not be granted card access for one-time visits.
- Please do not let others into a building; allow Public Safety to do so.
3. On-Campus Protocol:
When on campus, you will need to adhere to the requirements that are covered in the training as well as outlined in the Campus Guidelines on the CU Safely Back website. Use face coverings, maintain physical distancing, practice good hand sanitation and hygiene and do not share equipment.
Thank you for following these protocols. Let’s stay healthy together so that we can be productive and effective through this challenging time and emerge stronger than ever.