Return-to-Campus Process for Staff
In order to access campus facilities, all campus community members must follow this process to obtain permission to return to campus.
- If this is your first time returning to campus since we instituted mandatory COVID-19 testing, the rapid test provides results in under 30 minutes. Plan your test so you know your results BEFORE entering a campus facility. This may require adjusting your start time to accommodate the testing center hours.
Current essential staff who have had continuous presence on campus will need to follow the process for retaining campus access, including the completion of weekly COVID-19 testing.
OBTAINING APPROVAL FOR ACCESSING CAMPUS
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please allow 7-10 days for the approval process to be completed.
1. Follow your departmental process for gaining approval. Please submit the online request form requesting access. The form allows for a request for a single individual, as well as for a spreadsheet to be uploaded for requests for multiple individuals. The following information will be needed:
- First and last name
- Chapman ID
- Chapman email
- Detailed reason for request to access campus
- Date of planned visit(s)
- Building(s) and spaces you need to enter
- Your highest-level department head’s knowledge and endorsement
Your highest-level department lead will be automatically notified of the campus-access request. The request must be endorsed by the highest-level department lead before moving forward.
Final approval for staff will come from:
- Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer Brian K. Powell, or
- Executive Vice President of Advancement Sheryl Bourgeois.
2. For the request to be approved, the following two mandatory processes must be completed by the employee in question:
- Completion of the COVID-19 training modules. All members of the Chapman community have been provided access to the Canvas learning management system. The training should appear in your Dashboard, or you can navigate to Courses > All Courses and look for COVID-19 Safety Training. If you have already completed your training, you do not have to repeat this step.
- Completion of a COVID-19 test. The Student Health Center will accept the following tests:
- On-campus rapid test. Both Orange and Rinker campuses have testing centers available.
- Outside test administered by your doctor or medical facility. Test results can be emailed to email@example.com for approval.
3. Once the above two mandatory steps have been successfully completed, and the final approval has been granted, the Chapman member will be notified via email. They will also be informed that they will start receiving the mandatory Daily Health Screening emails starting the first day (as indicated in their request form) of their return to campus.
For the relevant staff, a request may be simultaneously submitted at this stage for their keycard to be re-activated on their (on-site) start date, if necessary.
MAINTAINING ACCESS TO CAMPUS
Weekly Completion of Mandatory COVID-19 Testing
To obtain and maintain access to campus, you will need to complete COVID-19 testing a weekly basis. Please view the On-Campus Testing Schedule and Locations. A test is needed every week and can be taken any day of the week within the days/hours of the Chapman testing sites. Regular weekly negative testing will maintain your access to campus.
Completion of the Mandatory Daily Health Screening
Anyone planning to come to campus must complete a simple daily COVID-19 health screening on the day they are scheduled to come to campus, and prior to their arrival on-site. This health assessment is a short questionnaire that can be taken on a smartphone or other device. You will be prompted by email to complete the short questionnaire each day. Employees are reminded that the Daily Health Screening Survey should always be completed on any day that they are scheduled to report to campus for work.
- You will need to have completed a COVID-19 test within the current or previous week in order to receive the required Daily Health Screening email.
- If you do not need to access campus for a period of time and do not complete a COVID-19 test, you will stop receiving the email notifications. In order to reactivate the Daily Health Screening email notifications and reactivate access to campus, you will need to take a COVID-19 test.
To complete the Daily Health Screening, follow these steps:
- Look for the health screening in your Chapman email and follow the instructions. If you do not see it in your email, please check your Junk and Spam folders.
- Do not come to campus until you receive a “CLEARED” status via email.
- Contact your health provider if you receive a “NOT CLEARED” status, and please continue to avoid campus.
- Once subscribed to the daily notice, you are only required to fill it out on days you are scheduled to come to campus.
- The “CLEARED” email message from your Daily Health Screening is your Chapman access badge, i.e., you may be required to show the message (either in email format or a printed copy of that day’s “cleared” message) by your supervisor or Public Safety Officer or as part of gaining access to certain service areas. If you have problems accessing a campus facility, contact Public Safety, (714) 997-6763.
When you arrive on campus, you will need to adhere to the requirements that are described in the training as well as outlined in the Campus Return Guidelines. Use face coverings, maintain physical distancing, practice good hand sanitation and hygiene and do not share equipment.
Access to Facilities
You should have received access to the buildings indicated in your original request form.
- If you have trouble accessing a building, please notify Public Safety and let the appropriate party (indicated below) know.
- Requests for non-essential campus visits are strongly discouraged. If you feel you must access a classroom, retrieve supplies essential to your remote work or urgently need personal items, the steps listed above also apply.
- If you need to re-encode your key card, you can do so at any of the following locations:
- Public Safety
- Leatherby Libraries
- Human Resources
Staff Care Kit
Prior to your first day on campus, visit the Facilities Management office at 625 West Palm to pick up a kit containing face coverings and a thermometer. Currently the offices are open from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. While supplies last.
Troubleshooting and Questions
- For general questions, please contact Sharon Krueger, firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions concerning testing, contact Aileen Andrion, email@example.com
Thank you for following these protocols. Let’s stay healthy together so that we can be productive and effective through this challenging time and emerge stronger than ever.
These protocols and processes may change as needed. For updates and other university announcements related to COVID-19, please read our twice-weekly newsletter, Working@Chapman, and visit this site frequently.