Vaccine Clinic Update: Pfizer Vaccines Available
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Federal Drug Administration (FDA) met yesterday and recommended to extend the pause on the Johnson and Johnson vaccine while they continue to evaluate the rare occurrence of blood clots in those who have received the vaccine.
Ralphs Grocery Company Pharmacies, who is sponsoring and managing Chapman’s vaccine clinic on Friday, has instead secured the Pfizer vaccine for the event. They are currently in the process of transferring over in their system those who have already scheduled their appointment with the J&J vaccine to the Pfizer vaccine. Those who have or are scheduling an appointment will be able to go in and schedule the 2nd dose on May 7, which will occur on campus, exactly 3 weeks after this Friday.
Ralphs Grocery Company Pharmacies has reopened registration for the vaccine clinic on Friday, April 16, from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. in the Hutton Sports Center.
If you have already made an appointment previously for the J&J vaccine, you don’t need to do anything as your appointment time has not changed. To schedule an appointment for the Pfizer vaccine, please carefully follow all of the steps below:
- Visit the Ralphs (Kroger) scheduling site: https://www.krogerhealth.com/partnerscheduling
- Answer the question related to certain specific symptoms
- Click “CA” to choose a state
- Click “Orange County” to choose where you will be vaccinated
- Enter Date of Birth
- Answer the questions regarding COVID-19 vaccination
- If asked, choose an occupation – Select EDUCATOR
- Enter in the Priority Booking Code (Benefit Code) “CHACVVAC21”
- It should accept the code and now ask you to schedule your appointment
- Search for a location using zip code “92866” and click “Find Appointment”
- Choose “April 16”
- Open slots should show up; choose a time and click “Continue”
- Complete all demographic information and the medical questionnaire
- Click “Please confirm you accept our consent” and type your name to electronically sign the consent form
- Click “Submit”
- Note that you have 15 minutes to complete the process, otherwise the slot will be released to others
- The confirmation page will now display (NOTE: it will say Chapman Faculty and Students Only)