Additional Booster Information
COVID-19 BOOSTER REQUIREMENT
The university is requiring either a booster dose for all students, faculty, and staff (for those currently eligible) or a declaration of declination form be submitted. Please arrange to have your booster shot as soon as you are eligible. Booster information or declination must be submitted before January 31, 2022, or as soon as you are eligible for a booster shot.
- Minimum timeframe for booster shots — Five (5) months after your primary series, either a second dose of Pfizer or Moderna, or two (2) months after receiving a Johnson & Johnson single dose. Ages 16 and older.
- If you do not yet qualify for a booster shot due to the timing of your primary series, you will still maintain access to the campus automatically until you qualify based on the vaccination date you entered. If you recently had a positive COVID 19 test, you do not need to test for 90 days and you will still maintain access to the campus automatically after your testing positive date, provided you are cleared from isolation. You can provide proof of a COVID-19 diagnosis by emailing email@example.com.
- If you have had a recent COVID-19 diagnosis, CDC guidance recommends a booster after 10 days without symptoms. Therefore, we ask that you submit proof of your booster or declaration of declination within 30 days of clearing isolation.
- Unvaccinated individuals with a previously submitted declaration of declination may retain an exemption from the booster requirement. Twice-weekly COVID-19 testing will be required for all unvaccinated and will include those who are eligible for the booster shot but did not receive it beginning February 1, 2022.
- For international students who are unable to get a booster of the vaccination they received, we encourage you to contact your health care provider for advice on booster options. You may also contact the Student Health Center with additional questions at 714-744-7877 during business hours. CDC guidance indicates options for boosters, however, we always recommend consulting your health care provider. If you choose to not get a booster shot, you may submit a declaration of declination form and begin twice-weekly COVID-19 testing to maintain campus access.